Wheeler hearing done
|07.27.10 at 1:15 pm ET|
After last night’s last-ditch effort to avoid arbitration fell through between Blake Wheeler‘s camp and the Bruins, the two sides followed through with their scheduled hearing Tuesday morning. Each side had 90 minutes to present its case, and a decision will come down within 48 hours of the meeting’s conclusion.
“I think it was handled very professionally by both sides,” Matt Keator, Wheeler’s agent, told the Boston Globe following the hearing. “Our interpretation of the marketplace is different from theirs, hence the disagreement. I think both sides handled it well, keeping it professionally. They pointed out Blake’s shortcomings. We pointed out Blake’s strengths. But Blake already knew his shortcomings. He knows what he needs to work on. There were no hurt feelings in what was said. It was not contentious at all.”
Wheeler earned $2.8 million last season, his second with the Bruins.
- Fresh Links: FOURtitude Edition
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.