Wheeler decision delayed
|07.29.10 at 3:43 pm ET|
A source confirmed to WEEI.com that Bruins right winger Blake Wheeler has yet to receive his award in his arbitration case because the arbiter was tied up with Annti Niemi’s hearing with the Blackhawks. The source indicated that the delay could last until Friday but remained hopeful of receiving word. Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe was the first to report the delay.
Word on Wheeler’s award was supposed to come down by noon on Thursday, as it is required to be given within 48 hours of the initial hearing. The Bruins and Wheeler met Tuesday morning from 9 a.m. to noon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara