Report: Whitfield could miss season
|08.22.10 at 11:19 am ET|
Bruins center Trent Whitfield, who spent the majority of his last season playing for Providence, has a ruptured Achilles tendon and could miss the entire year, according to SomethingsBruin.net.
In 52 games for the Providence Bruins, Whitfield scored 17 goals and added 26 assists. He played 16 games for Boston and had one assist. The 33-year-old likely was not in Claude Julien’s plans for the upcoming season but the injury is certainly a case of losing depth at an important position.
The Bruins already have the likes of Marc Savard, David Krejci, Tyler Seguin, Patrice Bergeron, and Gregory Campbell at center as they prepare for training camp next month.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5