Report: Whitfield could miss season
|08.22.10 at 11:19 am ET|
Bruins center Trent Whitfield, who spent the majority of his last season playing for Providence, has a ruptured Achilles tendon and could miss the entire year, according to SomethingsBruin.net.
In 52 games for the Providence Bruins, Whitfield scored 17 goals and added 26 assists. He played 16 games for Boston and had one assist. The 33-year-old likely was not in Claude Julien’s plans for the upcoming season but the injury is certainly a case of losing depth at an important position.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara