Recchi joins teammates, Seguin makes appearance
|09.08.10 at 11:37 am ET|
WILMINGTON — The second day of captain’s practice is in the books for the Bruins. The Big Bad Blog nearly came to a tragic end when a flying puck took someone’s attention away from their tweeting, but all is well. Once again, the skate consisted of basic drills and scrimmaging. Here’s the initial list of guys in attendance and a few notes:
Forwards: Shawn Thornton, Mark Recchi, Milan Lucic, Nathan Horton, David Krejci, Gregory Campbell, Brad Marchand, Daniel Paille
Defensemen: Mark Stuart, Andrew Ference, Adam McQuaid, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Dennis Seidenberg, Matt Bartkowski, Steven Kampfer, Zdeno Chara*
Goaltenders: Tuukka Rask, Nolan Schaefer
- The newcomers to practice were Bodnarchuk, Bartkowski, Recchi and Kampfer. Recchi took to the ice with his teammates after doing a little solo skate following Tuesday’s session.
- Second overall pick Tyler Seguin was in the house, skating with the netminders as part of goalie coach Bob Essensa‘s camp prior to captain’s practice. Seguin likely won’t skate with teammates for captain’s practice, as it seems to only consist of returning players or veterans.
- *The captain wasn’t technically out there for the practice, though Chara did skate with goalies before.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5