Recchi joins teammates, Seguin makes appearance
|09.08.10 at 11:37 am ET|
WILMINGTON — The second day of captain’s practice is in the books for the Bruins. The Big Bad Blog nearly came to a tragic end when a flying puck took someone’s attention away from their tweeting, but all is well. Once again, the skate consisted of basic drills and scrimmaging. Here’s the initial list of guys in attendance and a few notes:
Forwards: Shawn Thornton, Mark Recchi, Milan Lucic, Nathan Horton, David Krejci, Gregory Campbell, Brad Marchand, Daniel Paille
Defensemen: Mark Stuart, Andrew Ference, Adam McQuaid, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Dennis Seidenberg, Matt Bartkowski, Steven Kampfer, Zdeno Chara*
Goaltenders: Tuukka Rask, Nolan Schaefer
- The newcomers to practice were Bodnarchuk, Bartkowski, Recchi and Kampfer. Recchi took to the ice with his teammates after doing a little solo skate following Tuesday’s session.
- Second overall pick Tyler Seguin was in the house, skating with the netminders as part of goalie coach Bob Essensa‘s camp prior to captain’s practice. Seguin likely won’t skate with teammates for captain’s practice, as it seems to only consist of returning players or veterans.
- *The captain wasn’t technically out there for the practice, though Chara did skate with goalies before.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season