Caron, Reich take the ice at Bruins’ captain’s practice
|09.09.10 at 11:40 am ET|
WILMINGTON — The third captain’s practice of the weeks just ended. There were some changes in attendance and the practice pretty much had the same deal of basic drills and scrimmaging. Here’s the list of guys in attendance.
Forwards: Brad Marchand, Daniel Paille, Shawn Thornton, David Krejci, Jordan Caron, Joe Colborne, Nathan Horton, Gregory Campbell, Milan Lucic, Jeremy Reich
Defensemen: Mark Stuart, Andrew Ference, Matt Bartkowski, Steven Kampfer, Adam McQuaid, Johnny Boychuk, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Dennis Seidenberg
Goaltenders: Nolan Schaefer, Mike Hutchinson
- Thursday was the first day that Tuukka Rask wasn’t out there, so it was nice to get a look at Schaefer and Hutchinson in the scrimmage portion of practice.
- After joining his teammates Wednesday, Mark Recchi was not out there for Thursday’s session.
- Attendance means incredibly little for something so nonchalant and optional, but it’s nice to see the newcomers taking initiative. Horton and Campbell have been out there for all three practices. Horton said earlier in the week that they had captain’s practices while he was a member of the Panthers but the players generally didn’t show up to them. Tyler Seguin was out there once again skating with the goaltenders. A lot of younger players partook in Bob Essensa’s camp since the actual captain’s practice itself is not for first-year guys.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5