Tyler Seguin sports No. 19 at rookie camp
|09.12.10 at 12:36 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — With the likes of Peter Chiarelli, Cam Neely, and Claude Julien looking on from the stands, the Bruins began rookie camp Sunday morning. After skating with Bob Essensa‘s goalie camp last week, second overall pick Tyler Seguin took to the ice wearing his No. 19 (he wore 57 at rookie development camp this summer and many of the other prospects in attendance were sporting high numbers).
Seguin, believed to be able to help the Bruins as a center or wing this season, skated between Jamie Arniel and 32nd overall pick Jared Knight. Joe Colborne centered Lane MacDermid and Jordan Caron. The other two lines featured some guys rotating in. One consisted of Joe Pleckaitis, Tyler Randell, Max Sauve, and Ryan Spooner, with the Craig Cunningham, Yannick Riendeau, Antoine Roussel, and Walker Wintoneak skating on the other.
Defensemen Yury Alexandrov, Matt Bartkowski, Ryan Button, Matt Delahey, Ryan Donald, Alain Goulet, and Steve Kampfer skated as well. Goaltenders Adam Courchaine, Matt Dalton, and Michael Hutchinson were also in the house.
The first of two session is in the books. We’ll have more once the second is over with and the players have spoken.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara