|Bruins rookies wrap up win||09.15.10 at 9:21 pm ET|
BOSTON — The Bruins added two and Islanders one in the third period, and the B’s ended up taking the first of two rookie games at the Garden, 5-2. Though Tyler Seguin picked up second assist of the night on Jordan Caron‘s second goal of a hat-trick performance, the attention was on a different center late in the game and for different reasons.
Joe Colborne took an elbow from Islanders forward Justin Dibenedetto more than halfway through the period and bled pretty heavily immediately after the play. There was a fairly large puddle of Colborne’s blood by the Islanders’ blueline and the center added a trail of it as he skated off the ice. Colborne did not return to the game, nor did Dibenedetto, who was given a five-minute major and game misconduct.
The 16th overall selection in 2008 by the Bruins, Colborne played in six games for the Providence Bruins last season after finishing up his second season at the University of Denver. He is considered one of the Bruins’ top prospects and one of whom Peter Chiarelli spoke highly this week.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET