Bruins rookies wrap up win
|09.15.10 at 9:21 pm ET|
BOSTON — The Bruins added two and Islanders one in the third period, and the B’s ended up taking the first of two rookie games at the Garden, 5-2. Though Tyler Seguin picked up second assist of the night on Jordan Caron‘s second goal of a hat-trick performance, the attention was on a different center late in the game and for different reasons.
Joe Colborne took an elbow from Islanders forward Justin Dibenedetto more than halfway through the period and bled pretty heavily immediately after the play. There was a fairly large puddle of Colborne’s blood by the Islanders’ blueline and the center added a trail of it as he skated off the ice. Colborne did not return to the game, nor did Dibenedetto, who was given a five-minute major and game misconduct.
The 16th overall selection in 2008 by the Bruins, Colborne played in six games for the Providence Bruins last season after finishing up his second season at the University of Denver. He is considered one of the Bruins’ top prospects and one of whom Peter Chiarelli spoke highly this week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time