|Fights aplenty, Seguin picks up an assist||09.15.10 at 8:30 pm ET|
BOSTON — Two periods are in the books here at the Garden, and the second was far busier than the first. There was plenty of fighting and post-whistle scraps, with Ryan Donald in the center of the headlining brawl, one in which he and Alex O’Neil let each other have it pretty handily. The former Yale defenseman left the ice with a good amount of blood on his face.
Tyler Seguin didn’t drop the gloves, but wasn’t afraid to shove Islanders forward Rhett Rakshani after he was bumped following an offsides call on Seguin. The rookie forward hasn’t seemed thrilled with the refs, who also got him on an interference call to end the first.
The Bruins tallied three goals in the period, with Jordan Caron and Max Sauve netting the first two. Seguin picked up an assist on a neutral zone pass to Lane MacDermid, who walked in on Islanders goalie Mikko Koskinen and put a top-shelf wrister past him. Nino Niederreiter picked up the lone Islanders’ goal.
- Monday Morning Skate: LUUUUUUUUUNDQVIIIIIIIIIIST
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period