|Seguin on display early on||09.15.10 at 7:52 pm ET|
BOSTON — The packed loge at the Garden was going to cheer for Tyler Seguin one way or another, and after his first period of play in a Bruins uniform, it seems Seguin-mania is only warming up.
Though it’s a small sample size, the first period of the Bruins’ rookie game against the Islanders is the only Bruins game action for Seguin since he was chosen by the team with the second overall draft pick back in June. He looked good — a little tougher than you might expect from a guy with a reputation as being such a natural scorer — and though he got a great reception when Jack Edwards announced his name before the game, the Boston crowd was at its loudest with 4.4 seconds remaining in the period, when Seguin was sent off for interference.
The instincts and physical attributes seem to be all there for Seguin. With the game scoreless after one, Seguin obviously hasn’t netted one yet, but those on hand seem more than willing to wait as they watch their franchise’s hopeful star in action.
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.