Spooner avoids the post the second time around
|09.16.10 at 8:32 pm ET|
BOSTON — After hitting the post on a three-on-one earlier in the period, Ryan Spooner made good on a knuckling Max Sauve rebound to make it a tie game as the Bruins and Islanders prepare for the third period. Spooner batted the floating rebound down and past Islanders goaltender Kevin Poulin.
As expected, the game did get a little more physical in the second period, with Islanders forward Travis Hamonic getting tossed for getting his second fighting major of the series. He took a few heavy blows from Lane MacDermid.
The Bruins outshot the Islanders, 10-8, in the period, but still have 14 to New York’s 20.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara