Spooner avoids the post the second time around
|09.16.10 at 8:32 pm ET|
BOSTON — After hitting the post on a three-on-one earlier in the period, Ryan Spooner made good on a knuckling Max Sauve rebound to make it a tie game as the Bruins and Islanders prepare for the third period. Spooner batted the floating rebound down and past Islanders goaltender Kevin Poulin.
As expected, the game did get a little more physical in the second period, with Islanders forward Travis Hamonic getting tossed for getting his second fighting major of the series. He took a few heavy blows from Lane MacDermid.
The Bruins outshot the Islanders, 10-8, in the period, but still have 14 to New York’s 20.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5