Report of ex-B’s coach Pat Burns’ death inaccurate
|09.17.10 at 11:59 am ET|
UPDATE: Numerous outlets reported late Friday morning that former Bruins coach Pat Burns died at the age of 58 after a battle with lung cancer. CTV in Ottawa, which had the original report, has since retracted it, indicating: “We had erroneous information on Pat Burns. We have nothing to report about his medical condition at this time.”
Burns coached the Bruins for three seasons from 1997-2000 and for eight games of the 2001 season, making the playoffs twice in that span. He returned to the bench with the Devils and won the 2003 Stanley Cup.
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Preview: The kids are all right
- Fresh Links: Up the River Edition
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2