Training camp underway
|09.17.10 at 10:14 am ET|
After a couple weeks of captain’s practices and three days of rookie skating in anticipation of Wednesday and Thursday’s victories over the Islanders youngsters, the Bruins officially open training camp on Friday morning at the Garden with fitness testing. Peter Chiarelli, Claude Julien, and the players will speak following the session, so keep it here for their comments and news as it comes.
The team has optional ice at 1:30 Friday, but that will be closed to the public and the media. For those interested in getting their first look at Nathan Horton in a Bruins uniform, camp will be open to the public on Saturday and Sunday.
Wednesday and Thursday will mark the team’s first two preseason games, when they play the Canadiens in Montreal and Panthers in Rochester. They have two home exhibitions, taking place on the 25th and 29th against the Panthers and Capitals, respectively.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5