Panthers drop Bruins
|09.24.10 at 1:01 am ET|
A night after beating the Canadiens in Montreal, the Bruins were handed a 3-2 defeat by the Panthers at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. David Booth led the scoring charge for the Panthers with a pair of goals, while former Bruin Dennis Wideman notched a tally of his own.
Steve Kampfer and Jeff LoVecchio scored for the Bruins, who with the loss saw their young preseason record fall to 1-1 on Thursday. The team continues its preseason schedule with a rematch with the Panthers at the Garden on Saturday.
Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell, both of whom were acquired in the deal that sent Wideman to Florida in June, did not face their club of a year ago, as the team elected to separate the roster into two squads to begin the preseason. Both players played in Wednesday night’s game, with Horton picking up a goal agains the Habs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara