Panthers drop Bruins
|09.24.10 at 1:01 am ET|
A night after beating the Canadiens in Montreal, the Bruins were handed a 3-2 defeat by the Panthers at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. David Booth led the scoring charge for the Panthers with a pair of goals, while former Bruin Dennis Wideman notched a tally of his own.
Steve Kampfer and Jeff LoVecchio scored for the Bruins, who with the loss saw their young preseason record fall to 1-1 on Thursday. The team continues its preseason schedule with a rematch with the Panthers at the Garden on Saturday.
Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell, both of whom were acquired in the deal that sent Wideman to Florida in June, did not face their club of a year ago, as the team elected to separate the roster into two squads to begin the preseason. Both players played in Wednesday night’s game, with Horton picking up a goal agains the Habs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5