Savard to break silence Saturday
|09.24.10 at 9:02 pm ET|
And the countdown begins…
Marc Savard is set to address the media at 10:30 on Saturday morning. After a summer of speculation and trade rumors, Peter Chiarelli notified the media last Friday that Savard would miss the beginning of camp after shutting down his training due to symptoms of post-concussion syndrome.
Savard suffered the concussion on March 7 on a hit from Penguins forward Matt Cooke. He missed the remainder of the regular season before returning for the team’s second-round matchup with the Flyers.
The center, who is entering the first year of a seven-year, $28.5 million extension, hasn’t spoken to the Boston media since the end of last season, though he did tell the Ottawa Sun that he was “hurt” by the idea of the team trading him. Details are currently unknown of what developments may come of the session.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5