|Savard to break silence Saturday||09.24.10 at 9:02 pm ET|
And the countdown begins…
Marc Savard is set to address the media at 10:30 on Saturday morning. After a summer of speculation and trade rumors, Peter Chiarelli notified the media last Friday that Savard would miss the beginning of camp after shutting down his training due to symptoms of post-concussion syndrome.
Savard suffered the concussion on March 7 on a hit from Penguins forward Matt Cooke. He missed the remainder of the regular season before returning for the team’s second-round matchup with the Flyers.
The center, who is entering the first year of a seven-year, $28.5 million extension, hasn’t spoken to the Boston media since the end of last season, though he did tell the Ottawa Sun that he was “hurt” by the idea of the team trading him. Details are currently unknown of what developments may come of the session.
- GIF RECAP: Bruins 2, Rangers 1: Doppelganger Hockey!
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...