Panthers win it in shootout
|09.25.10 at 10:25 pm ET|
Cory Stillman notched the game-winner against Tuukka Rask in a shootout as the Bruins took a 3-2 loss in third preseason game, their first at TD Garden. After Patrice Bergeron netted the team the first shootout goal, Ryan Spooner and Tyler Seguin failed to convert on their attempts.
In regulation, both teams went scoreless in the first period with each with the Bruins scoring twice in the second and the Panthers picking up two of their own in the third. Seguin and Nathan Horton provided the offense for the B’s, with both of the high-profile newcomers beating Scott Clemmensen in the second. Seguin’s tally was the first of his preseason, while Horton had already potted one against the Canadiens on Wednesday night.
Radek Dvorak slid a Rask at 2:20 of the third period to make it a 2-1 game. The goal broke up a shutout bid by Rask in which the Panthers otherwise failed to capitalize on rebounds. Later in the period, a Horton turnover behind his own net led to Marty Reasoner setting up Nathan McArdle for the game-tying goal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5