Scoreless after one
|09.25.10 at 7:49 pm ET|
The first period is wrapped up with the Bruins and Panther’s currently scoreless. The Bruins outshot the Panthers, but the Panthers had a few scoring opportunities that they either failed to capitalize on or had their plans foiled by Tuukka Rask.
There were a couple of fights in the period, with Mark Stuart dropping the gloves with Panthers forward Kenndal McArdle in a rather balanced fight in which Stuart eventually took McArdle. The biggest cheer from the crowd at the Garden, however, came when Milan Lucic lost his helmet after coming to the defense of Nathan Horton. Lucic, who had earlier been sent off for elbowing Mike Weaver, dropped Tristan Grant with 2:38 left in the period.
Ryan Spooner came awfully close to impressing once again after catching a nice pass from linemate Max Sauve, but was held by Nathan Paetsch while on the breakaway.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5