Julien: Tyler Seguin, Blake Wheeler options at center
|09.27.10 at 4:51 pm ET|
Speaking in Thursday’s conference call with the media, Bruins coach Claude Julien spoke about the current hole at center for the team’s third line. With Marc Savard out with post-concussion syndrome symptoms, it is expected that David Krejci will become the first line’s pivot, with Patrice Bergeron centering the second line.
“We’ve got a couple of different options here,” Julien said. “I think one of the things we want to see is that maybe Tyler Seguin needs to be looked at as a center as well. We can’t put him out of the equation. He’s a natural centerman and was drafted as that. He’s one of the guys we can look at.”
Julien also mentioned former first-rounders Zach Hamill and Joe Colborne, as well as Ryan Spooner, all of whom remain in camp with the team.
“To be honest with you, I’d still like to see Tyler Seguin [at center] again, seeing now that he’s got a few games under his belt. He handles it in the middle. I’d still like to see Blake Wheeler play center as well at some point and see if he can recapture his comfort zone that he had when he played that position when he was in school.”
The coach added that one thing that goes into the decision-making process will be the impact playing one guy at center will have on the rest of the roster.
“If we put one guy [at center], that means we may need another winger, so that may open up a spot for another winger. It really leaves the battle wide open.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara