Bruins set roster for Tuesday night; Thomas could play Wednesday
|09.28.10 at 12:07 pm ET|
The Bruins announced their roster for Tuesday night’s preseason game in Washington, recalling Jeff LoVecchio from Providence and making Jeremy Reich and Wyatt Smith available to play in the process.
Forwards: Gregory Campbell, Joe Colborne, Zach Hamill, Jeff LoVecchio, Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, Daniel Paille, Jeremy Reich, Michael Ryder, Wyatt Smith, Shawn Thornton, Blake Wheeler
Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Hunwick, Steven Kampfer, Adam McQuaid, Mark Stuart
Goaltenders: Tuukka Rask, Nolan Schaefer
Tim Thomas skated with the second group on Tuesday, with coach Claude Julien saying there is a chance he could play in Wednesday’s game against the Capitals at TD Garden. Thomas, who had offseason hip surgery, has been brought along with caution in the preseason and has yet to see game action. He and the team are aiming for him to be ready for the season when it opens Oct. 9 in Prague.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5