Cultural differences Part 3: Weird Gatorade
|10.01.10 at 8:28 pm ET|
BELFAST — I ventured into the Belfast Giants’ locker room Friday to chat with Brett Hemingway, a forward for the Giants. I had gone to college with Hemingway but had never met him, so having the city of Belfast described in terms relative to Durham, N.H. was something this scribe could get on board with. The conversation revolved mainly around hockey and Jose Bautista (Hemingway is a Blue Jays fan), but one thing I had to bring up was what the guy next to him was drinking.
I had noticed this weird Sunny Delight-looking stuff that some of the Bruins were drinking when they were on the ice and later saw it in the team’s refrigerator next to Zdeno Chara‘s locker. Hemingway said it’s a drink called Lucozade, which is “like Gatorade here.” He did point out that though there is Powerade, Vitamin Water, and other American beverages in Northern Ireland, he had never spotted Lucozade. Not sure it’s worth trying. Still kind of looks like weird Sunny Delight.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...