Bruins explode for a minute
|10.02.10 at 3:49 pm ET|
BELFAST — Well, the Giants woke up a sleeping giant.
After the Belfast select team got on the board by Jade Galbraith capitalizing on a bad Bruins miscommunication in the offensive zone that led to a turnover, the Bruins broke their scoreless lull and exploded for three goals in less than a minute. The announcer here at Odyssey Arena literally couldn’t keep up with announcing one goal before another was scored.
First, the third line got a bit of a junk goal thanks to crazing Stephen Murphy’s net hard. As the result of the play — one fans here didn’t like given that the net was dislodged, but after the light went on — Tyler Seguin had notched the team’s first goal of the game and set up the Bruins for an impressive offensive spurt.
Goals from Zdeno Chara and Brad Marchand, who is playing over Daniel Paille on the fourth line, made it the score 3-1, which is where it stands after two periods. Thornton picked up the assists on the Chara and Marchand goals, something the 20 family members he has at the game must be enjoying. More updates coming, internet problems permitting.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara