Bruins lead Liberec HC, 3-1, after two
|10.05.10 at 2:31 pm ET|
LIBEREC, Czech Republic — The Bruins enter their final period of the preseason holding a 3-1 lead over Liberec HC, with goaltender Tim Thomas continuing to impress and Jordan Caron perhaps getting a boost of confidence following the team’s third goal.
Patrice Bergeron made it a 2-0 lead for the Bruins when he intercepted a blind pass in the neutral zone, deked, and gently slid in an easy-looking — albeit impressive — goal. After Andrej Podkonicky put Liberec HC on the board with a goal of his own on Tim Thomas, Bergeron assisted the Caron goal in which a top shelf wrist-shot grazed the Liberec goaltender Pinc Marek’s left shoulder on the way in.
Perhaps most importantly, the end of the period is signified here at Tipsport Arena with what can only be described as the sound of wood splintering in an old rocking chair.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5