Bruins lead Liberec HC, 3-1, after two
|10.05.10 at 2:31 pm ET|
LIBEREC, Czech Republic — The Bruins enter their final period of the preseason holding a 3-1 lead over Liberec HC, with goaltender Tim Thomas continuing to impress and Jordan Caron perhaps getting a boost of confidence following the team’s third goal.
Patrice Bergeron made it a 2-0 lead for the Bruins when he intercepted a blind pass in the neutral zone, deked, and gently slid in an easy-looking — albeit impressive — goal. After Andrej Podkonicky put Liberec HC on the board with a goal of his own on Tim Thomas, Bergeron assisted the Caron goal in which a top shelf wrist-shot grazed the Liberec goaltender Pinc Marek’s left shoulder on the way in.
Perhaps most importantly, the end of the period is signified here at Tipsport Arena with what can only be described as the sound of wood splintering in an old rocking chair.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time