Horton has B’s up after one
|10.05.10 at 1:45 pm ET|
LIBEREC, Czech Republic — It’s a non-NHL exhibition game, the Bruins are in a foreign country and have allowed a few big scoring opportunities to the lesser squad. Sound familiar? Though it is a bit similar to the Bruins’ first period on Saturday against the Belfast Giants, the team at least has a 1-0 lead to show for its efforts this time around. Nathan Horton once again found his way to the hashmarks and fired off a wicked wrister on a goal that was assisted by local(ish) heroes Zdeno Chara and David Krejci. It was Horton’s third of the preseason, and if you’d like to imagine what it looked like, think back to his goal at the TD Garden against the Panthers and you’ve got the gist.
Tim Thomas has stood on his head to this point, looking very impressive in a period in which the defensive pairings were constantly changing. Offensively, the second and third lines saw some changes as the period progressed, with third line wing Jordan Caron seeing some time with his former linemates in Mark Recchi and Patrice Bergeron.
It’s hard to imagine Claude Julien is thrilled with the team’s offensive output thus far, so some more line shuffling could take place despite it being the team’s final preseason game before the Bruins take on the Coyotes for two regular season matches in Prague on Saturday and Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara