|Welcome to Liberec||10.05.10 at 1:01 pm ET|
LIBEREC, Czech Republic — We are just a few minutes away from the puck dropping for the Bruins as they take on Liberec HC in Tipsport Arena in Liberec, Czech Republic. David Krejci continued his man-of-the-hour by getting far and away the biggest applause from the Liberec fans, with teammate Zdeno Chara the only other Bruin to get more than a round of applause.
A couple of notes:
- This place is known for creating a “White Hell” in which fans dress all in white to create an intimidating backdrop. The comical part is that this arena looks just like the Whittemore Center, and, much like UNH’s “White out the Whit” campaign, the participation in “White Hell” just enough substancial enough to make it work.
- Brad Marchand looks a lot like Milan Lucic when you announce Marchand and flash a picture of Lucic, as they did here.
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition