Bruins down trailing 4-0 after two
|10.09.10 at 1:45 pm ET|
PRAGUE –The Bruins have let sloppy play define the first two periods of their 2010-11 season, and as a result find themselves trailing the Coyotes, 4-0 heading into the third period. For a team that didn’t have to play from behind much a large chunk of the time in the preseason, it will be interesting to see how they respond.
The Coyotes potted their second goal of the game at 1:59 of the period when Tuukka Rask, a down and a bit deep in his net, was beaten top shelf on a rebound by Phoenix winger Taylor Pyatt. Daniel Paille later gave away a puck in the offensive zone to a flying Scottie Upshall, who walked in on Rask and beat him low stickside. Then, with 16.1 seconds remaining in the period, Eric Belanger took a Ray Whitney pass in across the net and converted it into the Coyotes’ fourth goal.
Tyler Seguin logged the most first-period ice time for the Bruins, but after two periods is a minus-two. The only player with a worse rating would be Matt Hunwick, who was moved off his pairing halfway through the period. Dennis Seidenberg is now skating with Mark Stuart.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...