Bruins make McGrattan signing official
|10.11.10 at 12:59 pm ET|
The Bruins announced on Monday that they have signed enforcer Brian McGrattan to a one-year deal. McGrattan, 29, had travelled with the team to Belfast and Prague while on a tryout.
The 29-year-old has played in 182 games between the Senators, Coyotes, and Flames. Though known throughout the NHL as one of the league’s most willing fighters, McGrattan’s most impressive statistic was his 551 penalty minutes in 71 AHL games in the 2004-05 season.
The team also placed goaltender Nolan Schaefer on waivers with the intention of assigning him to Providence. Teams were allowed to bring a third goaltender on the season-opening European trip, and as a result the former Providence College netminder traveled with the Bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5