Bruins and Devils scoreless after one
|10.16.10 at 7:40 pm ET|
The Bruins and Devils both treaded water in the first period of what one would expect to be a low-shooting and low-scoring game. As such, the shots are 11-8 in favor of the Devils in a scoreless game.
The Devils were comically clumsy in the offensive zone, but that’s not to say that they didn’t have their chances. Tim Thomas twice had to make sprawling saves reminiscent of his Vezina days to keep it scoreless.
The Bruins took three penalties in the period, with Blake Wheeler (holding) and Brad Marchand (kneeing) penalties overlapping for a period-ending 5-on-3. Marchand was called for a questionable knee-on-knee hit on Dainius Zubrus. The Bruins went 0-for-1 on the power play, with a Tyler Seguin wrister off the glove of Martin Brodeur perhaps the closest they came to getting on the board.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5