Bruins and Devils scoreless after one
|10.16.10 at 7:40 pm ET|
The Bruins and Devils both treaded water in the first period of what one would expect to be a low-shooting and low-scoring game. As such, the shots are 11-8 in favor of the Devils in a scoreless game.
The Devils were comically clumsy in the offensive zone, but that’s not to say that they didn’t have their chances. Tim Thomas twice had to make sprawling saves reminiscent of his Vezina days to keep it scoreless.
The Bruins took three penalties in the period, with Blake Wheeler (holding) and Brad Marchand (kneeing) penalties overlapping for a period-ending 5-on-3. Marchand was called for a questionable knee-on-knee hit on Dainius Zubrus. The Bruins went 0-for-1 on the power play, with a Tyler Seguin wrister off the glove of Martin Brodeur perhaps the closest they came to getting on the board.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara