Bruins up 4-1 after two
|10.16.10 at 8:32 pm ET|
How does four unanswered goals sound? Good enough for the Bruins to have blown the game open in the second.
Jordan Caron scored his first career goal by crashing the net and burying a rebound past Martin Brodeur, while Tyler Seguin got rid of the puck just before getting crushed on the boards and setting up a bang-bang Michael Ryder goal in the process. Shawn Thorton and Milan Lucic also put pucks past Brodeur, and with Dainius Zubrus registering a his first goal of the season for the Devils, it’s a 4-1 game after two periods.
Neither team drew a penalty in the period, though the Bruins began the period shorthanded as they killed off the final two seconds Blake Wheeler and Brad Marchand’s first-period penalties for holding and kneeing, respectively. One play that stood out for the shorthanded Bruins was when a bid from Blake Wheeler and David Krejci led to a 3-on-1 for the Devils that was silenced when Tim Thomas stoned Ilya Kovalchuk.
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition