Bruins up 4-1 after two
|10.16.10 at 8:32 pm ET|
How does four unanswered goals sound? Good enough for the Bruins to have blown the game open in the second.
Jordan Caron scored his first career goal by crashing the net and burying a rebound past Martin Brodeur, while Tyler Seguin got rid of the puck just before getting crushed on the boards and setting up a bang-bang Michael Ryder goal in the process. Shawn Thorton and Milan Lucic also put pucks past Brodeur, and with Dainius Zubrus registering a his first goal of the season for the Devils, it’s a 4-1 game after two periods.
Neither team drew a penalty in the period, though the Bruins began the period shorthanded as they killed off the final two seconds Blake Wheeler and Brad Marchand’s first-period penalties for holding and kneeing, respectively. One play that stood out for the shorthanded Bruins was when a bid from Blake Wheeler and David Krejci led to a 3-on-1 for the Devils that was silenced when Tim Thomas stoned Ilya Kovalchuk.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara