Bruins leading Capitals, 2-0, after one
|10.19.10 at 8:18 pm ET|
For the first time this season, a first period update has some Bruins goals to discuss — and a goalie change! Less than 13 minutes into the first period, the Bruins were looking at a cool 2-0 lead on goals from David Krejci and Milan Lucic, while the Capitals were suddenly looking at Semyon Varlamov in net due to a touch of the flu for Michal Neuvirth.
Nathan Horton had a nice pass to Krejci on a 2-on-1 to set up the first line center’s first goal of the season at 9:12, and with Lucic scoring minutes later all three first-liners now have at least one point in each of the team’s first four games.
The Bruins went 0-for-1 on the power play and are now 1-for-12 on the season. Tim Thomas saved all nine shots he faced, stopping a couple of large bids by the Capitals’ high-powered offense. Michal Neuvirth stopped just five of the seven shots the Bruins had on him before he left the game.
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage