Marco Sturm, Marc Savard skate prior to Bruins practice (with video)
|10.26.10 at 10:17 am ET|
WILMINGTON — Marco Sturm could be spotted doing some light skating and shooting around Ristuccia Arena as he works to return from a torn ACL and MCL suffered during last years’ playoff series. As teammates joined him on the ice, so too did Marc Savard.
Sturm, who led the Bruins in scoring last year, wasn’t getting in the hardest of workouts, doing more of this-and-that than anything substantial, but his return to the ice is undoubtedly a good sign for the Bruins as they look to overcome the injuries of Sturm, Savard, and Johnny Boychuk.
David Krejci was also on the ice as the first handful of players skated out. Krejci missed practice on Monday after getting his wisdom teeth removed. The rest of the team is set to take the ice at 11:00 am. After Sturm left the ice, the small group of Bruins consisted of Krejci, Savard, Brian McGrattan, Adam McQuaid, and Daniel Paille taking shots on Tim Thomas and Tuukka Rask.
Here’s video of Sturm skating:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara