Tyler Seguin increases Bruins’ lead over Maple Leafs
|10.28.10 at 8:56 pm ET|
Tyler Seguin has scored on both his hometown team and the club that traded the pick used to select him, and it’s a 2-0 lead for the Bruins over the Maple Leafs after two periods of play.
You didn’t find a word about Seguin getting sent back to juniors in this space for a reason, and the rookie showed it to a crowd that gladly responded with a “Thank you [Phil] Kessel!” chant. The 18-year-old beat Jonas Gustavsson from the circle with a beautiful wrister and increased the B’s lead at 12:26. Dennis Seidenberg and Michael Ryder picked up the assists.
Nathan Horton got in his first fight in a Bruins uniform, squaring off with Dion Phaneuf a little over halfway through the period. Though Horton took Phaneuf down, the Leafs got the better of the exchange, as the B’s leading goal scorer was handed a 10-minute misconduct.
Tim Thomas saw only four shots in the period, and has now stopped all 12 Leafs shots.
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline