|Bruins lead Senators, 3-0, after two||10.30.10 at 8:46 pm ET|
Mike Fisher helped negate a Daniel Alfredsson goal, as every inch of Fisher’s body was in the crease when Alfredsson beat Tim Thomas for what appeared to be the Senator’s first tally of the game. With the goal being immediately waved off and Tyler Seguin and Milan Lucic striking for Boston, the Bruins hold a 3-0 lead as the two teams enter the third period.
Seguin showed a good burst through the neutral zone and took a beautiful pass from Mark Recchi on the man advantage to beat Senators goalie Brian Elliott for a power play goal. The goal was the rookie’s second in as many games and the third of his NHL career.
The Lucic goal came on the second breakaway of the shift for the first line. Nathan Horton had a breakaway coming out of the box on a hooking call but got too fancy and Brian Elliot didn’t bite. Lucic beat the Sens’ netminder five-hole for his fourth goal of the season. The shutout remains in tact for Tim Thomas, as he looks to pick up sixth win in six games.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET