Bruins leading Senators, 1-0, after one
|10.30.10 at 7:51 pm ET|
David Krejci got the Bruins on the board in the first period when he picked off a Chris Phillips pass near the top of the circle and beat Brian Elliott with a wrist shot. The B’s killed two penalties and Tim Thomas made 12 saves as the Bruins head to the locker room up 1-0 after one in Ottawa.
- The second and third lines saw some shuffling for the second time this season. Midway through the period, Claude Julien changed the lines to their season-opening form, placing Mark Recchi back with Patrice Bergeron and Jordan Caron, and bumping Blake Wheeler back to the third line with Tyler Seguin.
The switch nearly paid dividends on the scoreboard, as Ryder had a nice pass to Wheeler in front of the net. Wheeler was stuffed by Elliott and a scrum ensued as he went for the rebound.
- The jerk store called, and they’re running out of Jarkko Ruutu. The Sens forward held onto Gregory Campbell’s stick as he went for a change and drew a penalty when Campbell shoved him.
- Brad Marchand made a nifty move to evade Senators defenseman Matt Carkner but was stopped by Elliott in the first period. Shawn Thornton later came close to connecting with Marchand on a long pass, but Marchand couldn’t handle it. With the surprising bit of offensive punch the fourth line has shown, it’s hard not think that career goal No. 1 could be right around the corner for Marchand.
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage