Video: Tim Thomas named No. 1 star of the week
|11.01.10 at 1:32 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas was named the NHL’s No. 1 star of the week on Monday. Thomas made 49 saves in two starts over the course of the week, winning games over the Maple Leafs and Senators in shutout fashion.
On the season, Thomas, 36 has allowed just three goals in winning all six of his starts, leading the NHL in goals against average (0.50), save percentage (.984) and shutouts (3). In 43 games last season, Thomas posted a 2.56 GAA with a .915 save percentage and five shutouts.
Thomas said that the last time he felt as dominant as he currently does was back during the lockout, when he posted five shutouts in a span of 10 games. His coach felt he was undoubtedly deserving of the distinction.
“We’re definitely happy to see him play that way every night,” Claude Julien said. “It gives us a chance to win, and we know how important goaltending is in this league, and he’s provided us with an outstanding one.”
Here’s the video of Thomas discussing the honor, his hot start, and wondering whether ”Tiny” was actually Cecil Thompson‘s name.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...