Shorthanded goals, Blake Wheeler have Bruins leading Sabres after one
|11.03.10 at 7:42 pm ET|
A pair of shorthanded goals, an even-strength goal from Blake Wheeler and another shutout period from Tim Tomas has the Bruins leading the struggling Sabres, 3-0 after one period in Buffalo.
Brad Marchand got the party started with Michael Ryder in the box, hopping onto the ice on the penalty and racing to Jhonas Enroth’s net for a breakaway tally at 3:32, the first goal of his NHL career.
Later in the period, Marchand and Gregory Campbell piled on more shorthanded pressure with Dennis Seidenberg in the bin for holding, and the play resulted in Patrice Bergeron’s second goal of the season. Wheeler later added an even strength tally, his first of the season, thanks to a nice pass from behind the net from new linemate Michael Ryder.
Tim Thomas saved all nine shots the Sabres had on him.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara