David Krejci injury update: Peter Chiarelli calls concussion ‘moderate’
|11.08.10 at 11:39 am ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli offered an update on top-line center David Krejci on Monday, saying the concussion Krejci suffered in overtime on Saturday is “moderate” on a mild – moderate – severe scale.
Chiarelli noted that the only symptoms shown by Krejci following the hit were a headache and some amnesia, and that there was no loss of consciousness. The Bruins have been encouraged by how Krejci has felt in the last two days and that he will be re-evaluated on Tuesday. Chiarelli didn’t feel the play in which Krejci was injured, a collision with Blues forward T.J. Oshie that led to him hitting his head against the boards, was malicious in nature.
“I had no issue with the hit,” Chiarelli said, deeming the play an “incidental hit.”
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...