Senators defeat Bruins, 2-0
|11.13.10 at 9:35 pm ET|
Tim Thomas suffered his first loss of the season as the Senators defeated the Bruins, 2-0, at TD Garden on Saturday night behind a shutout from Brian Elliot. With the loss, Thomas is now 8-1-0 in 10 starts this season.
Erik Karlsson scored for the Senators in the first period, getting the puck off a face-off won by Ottawa center Chris Kelly and firing a wrist shot past Tim Thomas. Daniel Alfredsson picked up his seventh goal of the season and made it 2-0 at 4:15 of the third when he took a pass from Milan Michalek and beat Thomas from the bottom of the circle on a bang-bang play.
Patrice Bergeron nearly had the Bruins on the board in the second period with the B’s on the power play. A high shot from Bergeron took a funny bounce off Elliot and nearly crossed the goal line. Blake Wheeler dove to tip it in, but accidentally got a glove on it, and the play was called no goal.
The loss dropped the Bruins’ record in home games to 2-4-1, with their Garden record falling to 2-3-1. The Bruins have not won a home game since Oct. 28, when the B’s defeated the Maple Leafs, 2-0.
The Bruins will try to remedy their home woes when they host the Devils on Monday night.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5