Bruins lead Devils, 1-0, after one
|11.15.10 at 7:41 pm ET|
The Bruins are up 1-0 after a period at the Garden thanks to a powerplay goal from Michael Ryder.
Ryder made it 1-0 with the Bruins on a 5-on-3 when he took a pas from Patrice Bergeron at the bottom of the circle and beat Martin Brodeur. Mark Recchi also picked up an assist on the play, giving him a team-high nine on the season.
While the goal gets the most attention on the scoreboard, it was the play that led to the 5-on-3 that made the period stand out. With Matthew Corrente in the box for hooking, Devils forward Adam Mair got a little too close in trying to knock puck in that Thomas seemed to have control of. Though Mair went off for interference, Thomas got a couple of punches in before Mair made it to the bin.
Thomas has stopped all seven shots he’s faced. The B’s have outshot New Jersey, 10-7.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara