Marc Savard cleared to practice with Bruins
|11.19.10 at 12:39 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said Friday morning that Marc Savard is cleared to practice with the Bruins but will not take physical contact.
“This morning he passed one of the tests, which was a conditioning test, so he’s able to practice with the team, non-contact, so he can do line drills and non-contact drills,” Chiarelli said, “so that’s good news.”
Savard, who has not played or practiced with the team this season due to post-concussion syndrome, will also travel with the team.
“It’s very good news. If Marc were to have his druthers, he’d be back with the team two weeks ago. That’s what Marc’s all about,” Chiarelli said. “It’s good news. We’re on a crunch of games here it seems where it looks like we’re in a compressed schedule here, so it will be good to get a player of his caliber back. This is a real positive step to getting him back.”
Next week will be the earliest that Savard could begin taking physical contact, as Chiarelli noted he must undergo “a couple more tests.” As for when he is set to return to the lineup, Chiarelli was mum on a date.
“I’ve got one in mind. I’m not going to disclose it,” Chiarelli said with a grin. “These things change. It could be earlier, or it could be later. This is a real big step, and the tests coming up are big steps, so he’s passed every test to date and this is a big one also.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara