Update: Colin Campbell won’t apologize to Marc Savard
|11.19.10 at 1:15 pm ET|
NHL senior VP and director of game operations Colin Campbell does indeed plan to speak with Bruins center Marc Savard about his recent email comments calling Savard the “biggest faker going” and “a little fake artist.”
But apparently an apology will not be part of the conversation. When the NHL Network asked Campbell if he owed Savard an apology, Campbell said no.
“At some point in time, I’ll sit down with Marc Savard,” began Campbell. “When Marc first came into the league I had him as a coach first out of Oshawa. We were together with the New York Rangers. When I was fired, Marc was sent down. I think Marc liked the fact I was coaching.
“I don’t think it’s an apology. I think it’s an explanation that we have to talk about.”
Savard has been out with post-concussion syndrome, though he has been cleared to practice with the Bruins in non-contact scenarios.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5