- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Kings at Bruins preview
Posted By DJ Bean On November 20, 2010 @ 10:33 am In General | No Comments
With the Bruins heating up at home, they will face a test against a very good Kings team that has been cooling off of late. Tim Thomas  was first off the ice for the Bruins, an indication that he will likely be between the pipes for the B’s against UMass product Jonathan Quick .
WHERE IT’S AT
- The Bruins are 4-4-1 in home games this season, but are 4-3-1 in games played at TD Garden given that the first game was actually in Prague. Things are looking up for them in Boston, though, as they have won their last two home games, shutting out both the Senators and Panthers.
- The Kings are a dominant home team, but the same can’t be said for they’re road play. They’re 4-5-0 outside of Los Angeles and have dropped their last two road games.
- Ten. That’s how many victories both Tim Thomas and Quick have been able to attain in just 12 starts this season. Thomas is 10-1-0, with Quick entering the game at 10-2-0. Thomas has four shutouts to Quick’s one.
Despite the impressive play and 1.73 goals against average for Quick, he’s coming off a rough game Wednesday in which he allowed four goals to the Blue Jackets on just 25 shots.
- Thomas leads the NHL  in save percentage (.959), but one might be surprised that Tuukka Rask  is third in the league in the category with a .939 clip, ahead of Quick and many others. Not bad for a guy with a 1-4-1 record, eh?
- This might be the only time one could point out that Milan Lucic  is on pace for 48 goals, so why the hell not? His career high is 17, though he’s never had an 82-game season in his career.
STORYLINES GOING IN
- This is a battle of two teams that have been at opposite ends of the spectrum recently. The Bruins are winners of their last three, while the Kings have lost three in a row after a 12-3-0 start to the season.
- The last time these teams faced one another, it was an interesting one. It wasn’t until the sixth round of the shootout that Jarret Stoll sealed a 3-2 Kings victory in Boston. The game was the Bruins’ seventh of their 10-game losing streak that stretched from Jan. 16 (another loss to the Kings) to Feb. 16.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/11/20/kings-at-bruins-preview/
URLs in this post:
 Tim Thomas: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tim-thomas.htm
 Jonathan Quick: http://media.weei.com/hockey/jonathan-quick.htm
 NHL: http://media.weei.com/hockey/nhl.htm
 Tuukka Rask: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tuukka-rask.htm
 Milan Lucic: http://media.weei.com/hockey/milan-lucic.htm
 > Kings at Bruins preview" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/11/20/kings-at-bruins-preview/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.