|Marc Savard has final test on Tuesday||11.22.10 at 2:04 pm ET|
Bruins center Marc Savard told reporters Monday that he will see Dr. Mark Lovell, whom he called “the guru of concussions” and undergo the final test required to be cleared for full-contact on Tuesday in Pittsburgh. Savard joined his teammates in practice for the first time during Saturday’s morning skate, but is still unable to give and receive contact.
“I guess it’s quite a test,” Savard said. “It’s like six hours long. He’s going to put me through some workouts and some strenuous stuff. When I’m at my weakest, he can see how my brain is and stuff like that. I’m interested. I’m really excited about going.”
Savard said he is “still going to be a bit away” from playing even if he passes the test. He has not played this season as he recovers from post-concussion syndrome.
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition
- VIDEO: Extended Highlights of Rangers/Bruins Game 2
- Dear NBC: Time To Acknowledge The AHL
- Monday Morning Skate: LUUUUUUUUUNDQVIIIIIIIIIIST
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain