Peter Chiarelli says Marc Savard is cleared for contact
|11.23.10 at 4:26 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli issued the following statement regarding center Marc Savard on Tuesday:
“Today Marc passed the tests administered by Dr. Micky Collins from the Sports Medicine department at UPMC, and is now cleared for contact. Marc will rejoin the team tomorrow for morning skate in Florida. There is no time-table at this time for Marc to start playing games.”
Savard had travelled to Pittsburgh to undergo the testing. He had been cleared for practice and got on the ice with the rest of his teammates on Saturday, though he could not recieve physical contact at the time.
Savard has not played a game this season due to post-concussion syndrome. He suffered a concussion last March against the Penguins, missing the rest of the season before returning in the second round of the playoffs against the Flyers. He suffered a setback while training in the offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara