Peter Chiarelli says Marc Savard is cleared for contact
|11.23.10 at 4:26 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli issued the following statement regarding center Marc Savard on Tuesday:
“Today Marc passed the tests administered by Dr. Micky Collins from the Sports Medicine department at UPMC, and is now cleared for contact. Marc will rejoin the team tomorrow for morning skate in Florida. There is no time-table at this time for Marc to start playing games.”
Savard had travelled to Pittsburgh to undergo the testing. He had been cleared for practice and got on the ice with the rest of his teammates on Saturday, though he could not recieve physical contact at the time.
Savard has not played a game this season due to post-concussion syndrome. He suffered a concussion last March against the Penguins, missing the rest of the season before returning in the second round of the playoffs against the Flyers. He suffered a setback while training in the offseason.
- Stanley Cup Final Quick Recap: Bruins lose 6-5 in OT. See ya Monday, TD...
- Public Skate: Bruins 5 Blackhawks 5 OT TIME Y'ALLLLLLL
- Public Skate: Game 4, Bruins 3, Blackhawks 4 - Third Period
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive
- 3 Questions with... MightyMikeD of Cheer the Anthem