Bruins, Panthers scoreless after one
|11.24.10 at 8:13 pm ET|
The Panthers have outshot the Bruins, 12-11, but after a period the two teams are scoreless in Florida.
– Tim Thomas came up big at 12:42, stopping Shawn Matthias on a 2-on-1 created by a Mark Stuart miscue. He later robbed Dennis Wideman on a one-timer from Mike Santorelli with over three minutes remaining.
– You could count the Bruins’ shots on Vokoun in their lone power play on zero hands, even though Nathan Horton seemed destined for his ninth goal of the season until his shot from the top of the circle went wide. The Bruins were on the power play thanks to an iffy tripping call on Wideman.
– Blake Wheeler had the best opportunity of the period, stealing the puck from Dmitry Kulikov by the blue line in the offensive zone and setting up Michael Ryder. He also fed Ryder in the final two minutes, with Vokoun stopping Ryder’s slap shot. The plays didn’t result in any changes to the score, though they were further examples of Wheeler’s solid play of late.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara