Gregory Campbell to donate pies to homeless on Thanksgiving
|11.24.10 at 5:19 pm ET|
The Bruins announced on Wednesday that forward Gregory Campbell will spend Thanksgiving personally delivering $2000 worth of pies to homeless shelters across Boston. Campbell will purchase 400 pies from Mike’s Pastry in the North End and hit up the shelters from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Campbell, who prides himself on being an honest player on the ice, will stop at the New England Center for Homeless Veterans, the St. Francis House, and the Pine Street Inn. He’ll also donate pies to the Boston Rescue Mission, Haley House, Boston Family Shelter, Home for Little Wonderers, Boston Ronald McDonald House, Temporary Home for Women and Children, Yawkey Family Inn, Rosie’s Place and Bridge Over Troubled Waters.
Campbell came to the Bruins in the trade that brought Nathan Horton to Boston in June. He has two points and three assists, as well as an even rating in 19 games this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara