- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Tim Thomas, Bruins to take on Panthers Wednesday night
Posted By DJ Bean On November 24, 2010 @ 12:37 pm In General | No Comments
Tim Thomas  was the first to leave the ice at the Bruins’ morning skate on Wednesday, indicating he will likely be between the pipes when the B’s take on the Panthers in Florida on Wednesday night. The Panthers will counter with Tomas Vokoun.
The Bruins are second in the Northeast Division with 24 points, the Panthers’ 18 points are fifth in the Southeast and third from worst in the conference.
WHERE IT’S AT
- The Bruins are 7-2-0 on the road this season, dropping their most recent away game on Monday in Tampa, 3-1, and splitting their last four away from TD Garden.
- The Panthers are 5-3-0 at BankAtlantic Center and have won three of their last four home games.
- Three. That’s how many goals Lucic had against the Panthers last Friday and how many assists former Panther Nathan Horton  had. It was Horton’s first regular-season game against his old club (for more on Horton and how he felt about playing for the Panthers, click here .)
- The Panthers have allowed nearly the same average of goals per game at home (2.50) as they have on the road (2.54).
- The Panthers are 17th in the league in goals per game with 2.7. Center Mike Santorelli leads them with six goals in 19 games. The Bruins, meanwhile, have scored 2.9 goals per game (15th in the league) and are led by Lucic with 10.
STORYLINES GOING IN
- Comparing how a team plays vs. the Lightning to how they fare against the Panthers won’t lead one to rock-solid conclusions, but it will be interesting to see if the team’s heavy practice on Tuesday got them in gear to play a full 60 minutes. It was the same old story on Monday, as they came out flat for two periods before turning it up in the third period (15 shots through two periods, 12 in the third).
- The Bruins score over a goal per game more in front of Thomas than they do in front of Tuukka Rask. They score a whopping 3.23 goals per game in front of Thomas, with Rask getting just 2.21 goals of support a night.
- It’s been a week since the Bruins allowed an opponent to score a power play goal, so here’s the reminder of how dominant the penalty kill has been. The B’s 90.3 penalty kill percentage is second only to Montreal’s 90.8.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/11/24/tim-thomas-bruins-to-take-on-panthers-wednesday-night/
URLs in this post:
 Tim Thomas: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tim-thomas.htm
 Tuukka Rask: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tuukka-rask.htm
 Milan Lucic: http://media.weei.com/hockey/milan-lucic.htm
 Nathan Horton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/nathan-horton.htm
 click here: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/dj-bean/2010/11/19/story-why-it-didnt-work-nathan-horton-florida
 > Tim Thomas, Bruins to take on Panthers Wednesday night" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/11/24/tim-thomas-bruins-to-take-on-panthers-wednesday-night/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.