|Claude Julien goes with Tim Thomas, revamped lines vs. Hurricanes||11.26.10 at 11:21 am ET|
In speaking with the media prior to Friday’s noon start, Bruins coach Claude Julien said that Tim Thomas will be between the pipes when the B’s take on the Hurricanes at TD Garden.
Thomas, 36, is 11-1-1 with a 1.46 goals against average in 14 starts. He leads the league with a .955 save percentage and is tied for the league lead with four shutouts. He most recently made 31 saves in the team’s 3-1 victory over the Panthers in Florida on Wednesday.
Julien also said the the lines “will be kind of the same” as they were in the third period of Wednesday’s game. With the team trailing, 1-0, in the third period, Julien reunited the Blake Wheeler - David Krejci - Michael Ryder line of years past, sticking Patrice Bergeron between Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. Gregory Campbell centered Jordan Caron and Mark Recchi, while Tyler Seguin returned to center on a line with Brad Marchand and Shawn Thornton.
In warmups, however, it was Daniel Paille skating with Seguin and Thornton, with Marchand jumping up to Campbell’s line. Caron was not on the ice, an indication he could be a healthy scratch for the first time since the season-opener on Oct. 9 in Prague.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition