|Bruins recall Jamie Arniel on emergency basis||11.27.10 at 2:39 pm ET|
With Jordan Caron and David Krejci missing Saturday’s practice with the flu, the Bruins announced Saturday that they have recalled Jamie Arniel from Providence on an emergency basis. It’s the second time this month that Arniel has been called up, as he was summoned in early November when Michael Ryder missed practice. Here’s the press release:
BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has recalled forward Jamie Arniel from the Providence Bruins on an emergency basis (American Hockey League). Arniel will join the club on the trip to Atlanta and be available for the Bruins game against the Thrashers on Sunday, November 28.
This is Arniel’s second recall to Boston, he was recalled on Tuesday, November 9 and was a healthy scratch in the team’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday, November 10.
The 21-year-old Arniel has appeared in 19 games this season for Providence, and leads the team in points and goals with 9-7=16 totals.
Arniel completed his first full pro season with the Providence Bruins in 2009-10, with 12-16=28 totals in 67 games. He won the club’s Rookie of the Year award and led all P-Bruins first-year players in scoring and
The Kingston, Ontario native was drafted by Boston in the fourth round (97th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period