Marc Savard says return is ‘just around the corner,’ won’t play Wednesday
|11.29.10 at 1:18 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins center Marc Savard doesn’t know when he will make his long-awaited season debut after battling post-concussion symptoms, but said on Monday that it won’t be long before he is back. Following his third practice of the full-contact variety, Savard felt confident that he could soon be in the Bruins’ lineup.
“[It was] another good day, and a little bit of work after, and continuing to progress,” Savard, who worked on battle drills with teammate Adam McQuaid, said. “Hopefully I’m going to get in soon, just around the corner.”
Savard seemed quite sure that he would not be in the lineup when the Bruins take on the Flyers on Wednesday. Asked about his prospects of playing in Philadelphia, Savard replied, “I don’t think so. No, I’m not going to be playing Wednesday. I don’t think so.”
The center’s chances of playing on Thursday at home vs. the Lightning are also up in the air.
“I don’t know,” Savard said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage