Marc Savard says return is ‘just around the corner,’ won’t play Wednesday
|11.29.10 at 1:18 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins center Marc Savard doesn’t know when he will make his long-awaited season debut after battling post-concussion symptoms, but said on Monday that it won’t be long before he is back. Following his third practice of the full-contact variety, Savard felt confident that he could soon be in the Bruins’ lineup.
“[It was] another good day, and a little bit of work after, and continuing to progress,” Savard, who worked on battle drills with teammate Adam McQuaid, said. “Hopefully I’m going to get in soon, just around the corner.”
Savard seemed quite sure that he would not be in the lineup when the Bruins take on the Flyers on Wednesday. Asked about his prospects of playing in Philadelphia, Savard replied, “I don’t think so. No, I’m not going to be playing Wednesday. I don’t think so.”
The center’s chances of playing on Thursday at home vs. the Lightning are also up in the air.
“I don’t know,” Savard said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara