Marc Savard hopes to return by Saturday
|11.30.10 at 1:48 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins center Marc Savard reiterated on Tuesday that he will not be playing when the B’s take on the Flyers in Philadelphia on Wednesday. He noted that though he’s not ready to get back into games just yet, he isn’t feeling particularly behind in any areas.
“I feel like I’m skating good, and battling with a 6-foot-5 guy [Adam McQuaid] every day, that’s helped out. I’m feeling good in all the areas. Still, the game’s going to be a different thing. I’m not going to have miracles in the first game, which I hope maybe I do. It’s going to be a little bit of time, but hopefully I can contribute every night.”
Asked about Saturday night’s game, Savard said, “That would be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can get in by then.”
Savard has been out all season with post-concussion symptoms.
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition