Marc Savard hopes to return by Saturday
|11.30.10 at 1:48 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins center Marc Savard reiterated on Tuesday that he will not be playing when the B’s take on the Flyers in Philadelphia on Wednesday. He noted that though he’s not ready to get back into games just yet, he isn’t feeling particularly behind in any areas.
“I feel like I’m skating good, and battling with a 6-foot-5 guy [Adam McQuaid] every day, that’s helped out. I’m feeling good in all the areas. Still, the game’s going to be a different thing. I’m not going to have miracles in the first game, which I hope maybe I do. It’s going to be a little bit of time, but hopefully I can contribute every night.”
Asked about Saturday night’s game, Savard said, “That would be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can get in by then.”
Savard has been out all season with post-concussion symptoms.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5