Bruins consider Marc Savard day-to-day
|12.01.10 at 2:33 pm ET|
Bruins coach told reporters in Philadelphia that the status of forwards Marc Savard and Marco Sturm is the “same old,” though in speaking about Savard revealed that the center is close to a return.
“He’s become almost a day-to-day situation with different reasons for holding him back. I think that decision will hopefully come sooner [rather] than later,” Julien said. “We’re looking forward to having him in our lineup, and he’s looking better every day.”
Savard will not play on Wednesday against the Flyers, though the possibility exists that he could play Thursday at home vs. the Lightning or in Toronto on Saturday night.
Asked about the possibility of returning by Saturday, Savard on Tuesday was hopeful that such a scenario would play out.
“That would be a lot of fun,” Savard said. “Hopefully I can get in by then.”
Savard has not played a game this season, as he was kept out of training camp with post-concussion symptoms.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5